Wake Up America Seminars * * October 12, 2018
Something to Ponder
Enoch walked with God… —Genesis 5:24
The true test of a person’s spiritual life and character is not what he does in the extraordinary moments of life, but what he does during the ordinary times when there is nothing tremendous or exciting happening. A person’s worth is revealed in his attitude toward the ordinary things of life when he is not under the spotlight (see John 1:35-37 and John 3:30). It is painful work to get in step with God and to keep pace with Him— it means getting your second wind spiritually. In learning to walk with God, there is always the difficulty of getting into His stride, but once we have done so, the only characteristic that exhibits itself is the very life of God Himself. The individual person is merged into a personal oneness with God, and God’s stride and His power alone are exhibited.
It is difficult to get into stride with God, because as soon as we start walking with Him we find that His pace has surpassed us before we have even taken three steps. He has different ways of doing things, and we have to be trained and disciplined in His ways. It was said of Jesus— “He will not fail nor be discouraged…” (Isaiah 42:4) because He never worked from His own individual standpoint, but always worked from the standpoint of His Father. And we must learn to do the same. Spiritual truth is learned through the atmosphere that surrounds us, not through intellectual reasoning. It is God’s Spirit that changes the atmosphere of our way of looking at things, and then things begin to be possible which before were impossible. Getting into God’s stride means nothing less than oneness with Him. It takes a long time to get there, but keep at it. Don’t give up because the pain is intense right now— get on with it, and before long you will find that you have a new vision and a new purpose.
Scripture Thought for the Day
Proverbs 3:5-8: Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways remember him. Then he will make your paths smooth and straight. Don't be wise in your own eyes. Have respect for the LORD and avoid evil. That will bring health to your body. It will make your bones strong.
- Ramon: Greetings to you (Larry Wilson) and your wife, Shirley, in the most precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! As always, I pray that when this humble not reaches to your hands finds you in good spirit and filled with the Lord’s love, grace and peace. Praise God! Thank you very much for your message that you sent to us at the bottom of your Wake Up Report. I am glad that you are taking good care of yourself despite all of what you had endured with your medical complications. You are God’s warrior! Please hang in there, ok! In the meantime, I will always life up your name to our Father God, asking Him to perform a huge healing miracle for you. I know that He will hear all of our prayers for you.
- Sue: Larry, you are in my thoughts often, especially since I’m reading your book. It’s hard for me to find the right words to say but want you to know you are in my prayers! I know you are in the best hands and have many supporters. I pray you get comfort in that. Please keep the updates coming as we all care!
- Claude & Lillian: Please pray for Claude & Lillian. Claude was diagnosed with bladder cancer but feels optimistic that his treatment will take care of the cancer. Lillian has been dealing with long-term degenerative issues such as memory loss (dementia) and other issues.
- Those affected by Hurricane Michael: Please pray for those affected by the devastation caused by the storm. Many have lost their homes or have been affected in some way.
- Update on No More Delay Cases: Thank you to all who have pre-ordered your cases of the No More Delay book. We should be receiving them in less than two weeks! As soon as they arrive, we will begin the process of shipping them out. Thank you for your patience and desire to share Larry Wilson’s latest book with others.
Religious Related News
- Three Practical Ways Job Can Teach You to Respond in Trajedy
- Don’t Let Labels Dictate Who You Are
- When Does God Withdraw His Grace?
- The Technological Discipleship Gap
- God Never Meant for You to Grow Alone
- Reframing the Issue of Poverty
- 10 Reasons Why Your Family Complains So Much
- Four Ways to Live the Christian Life
Science Related News
- By the Numbers: Michael was the 3rd Most Intense Hurricane to Hit Continental US
- NHC: Hurricane Leslie on Track to Hit the West Africa Coast
- Leslie Strengthens into a Category 1 Hurricane in the Atlantic
- Where is Tropical Storm Nadine Headed in the Eastern Atlantic
- Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake Rocks Russia’s Kuril Islands
- The National Hurricane Center Map
- Cyclone Titli Lashes India’s Eastern Coast
- The Dormant & Extinct Volcanoes of Nevada
Health Related News
- Sit-Stand Desks May Improve Job Performance, Psychological Health
- Drowsy Driving as Risky as Drunken Driving
- Skip the Cold Meds for Kids Under 6, Experts Say
- Intermittant Fasting May Help Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Non-Fatal Injuries Cost about 1.8T in the United States
- Scoliosis Linked to Inability to Utilize Manganese
- Type 1 Diabetes Often Misdiagnosed in Adults
- Smog Linked to Higher Risk for Mouth Cancers
- Hurricane Safety Tips & Resources
- Michael’s Death Toll Jumps; Utter Devastation in Panhandle
- Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Video: Hurricane Michael Obliterates Popular Tourist Destination Mexico Beach
- Winds from Tropical Storm Michael Cause Heavy Damage across North Carolina
- Unpaid Housework Equals One-Quarter of South Korea GDP
- Severe Weather Damages Homes, Downs Trees in South Carolina
- Hurricane Preparedness: Hazards
The information gathered for this WUAS NewsWatch is from many internet sources and is meant to keep readers informed of news relating to end time prophecy. Inclusions of links or quotations do not signify approval of the content or authors of the information by this organization.
Respond to WUAS News Watch or Send Prayer Requests
WUAS Email Address: email@example.com
WUAS Web Site: www.wake-up.org
Wake Up America Seminars, Inc.
PO Box 273 – Bellbrook, OH 45305
Phone Number: (800) 475-0876
Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Mon through Thurs
8 am to 3 pm, Friday