Wake Up America Seminars * * April 20, 2018
Something to Ponder
By Oswald Chambers
God called to him….And he said, "Here I am." —Exodus 3:4
When God speaks, many of us are like people in a fog, and we give no answer. Moses’ reply to God revealed that he knew where he was and that he was ready. Readiness means having a right relationship to God and having the knowledge of where we are. We are so busy telling God where we would like to go. Yet the man or woman who is ready for God and His work is the one who receives the prize when the summons comes. We wait with the idea that some great opportunity or something sensational will be coming our way, and when it does come we are quick to cry out, “Here I am.” Whenever we sense that Jesus Christ is rising up to take authority over some great task, we are there, but we are not ready for some obscure duty.
Readiness for God means that we are prepared to do the smallest thing or the largest thing— it makes no difference. It means we have no choice in what we want to do, but that whatever God’s plans may be, we are there and ready. Whenever any duty presents itself, we hear God’s voice as our Lord heard His Father’s voice, and we are ready for it with the total readiness of our love for Him. Jesus Christ expects to do with us just as His Father did with Him. He can put us wherever He wants, in pleasant duties or in menial ones, because our union with Him is the same as His union with the Father. “…that they may be one just as We are one…” (John 17:22).
Be ready for the sudden surprise visits of God. A ready person never needs to get ready— he is ready. Think of the time we waste trying to get ready once God has called! The burning bush is a symbol of everything that surrounds the person who is ready, and it is on fire with the presence of God Himself.
Scripture Thought for the Day
Exodus 3:1-6: Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up. “When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
- Nancy: You (WUAS) remain in my prayers. I’m thrilled with the work going on there.
- Don & Leola: Thank you for the update news on Larry’s health. He is and will continue to be in our prayers continuously
- Kathryn: You have been a huge spiritual blessing in my life. Thank you so much for listening to God way back when HE was speaking to your heart about Daniel and Revelation and being brave to trust in God to leave a church.
- Please continue to keep Larry, Frances, and WUAS in your prayers.
- Pray that the Mardoqueu Silva will have a good radio interview (see below). The radio host wants to talk about "conspiracy theories," so pray that Mardoqueu can keep God's prophetic message on track.
- End Time Prophecy Bible Class in Deltona, FL: Mary Anderson would like to extend an invitation to anyone in and around the Deltona, Florida area that would be interested in attending a class on Bible Prophecy. Please email or call in to the office for additional information.
- Radio Interview: Mardoqueu Silva's interview with Dave Fluehe will be on a radio broadcast from Loma Linda, California. It will be aired tomorrow, April 21 at 10pm PST. You can listen to the web stream at www.kcaaradio.com.
Religious Related News
- 10 Warning Signs of a Spiritual Narcissist
- Church Hurt: What to Do When Christians Use, Abuse and Accuse You
- 7 Small Changes that Yield Huge Results
- Fear Enslaves a Nation—but This Key Can Unlock the Chains
- 10 Myths that Keep Christians from the Counseling They Need
- Three Things that Keep You From Hearing God
- How Your Persistent Procrastination Causes Pain
- Don’t Be a Prophecy Chaser—Be a God Seeker
- 21 Key Christian Figures You Should Know
Science Related News
- Hurricane Season Begins in June. Is Puerto Rico’s Grid Ready?
- Houston Preps for Hurricane Season but Can’t Handle Record Rainfall Again
- How to Prepare if a 60-foot Tsunami Strikes Washington Coast
- Hurricane Season 2018: Which Names Will Be Used This Year?
- About 17,000 Big Near-Earth Asteroids Remain Undetected: How NASA Could Spot Them
- 10 Jaw-Dropping Findings on NHC’s Final Hurricane Maria Report
- NASA Science: Asteroids
- Back in the Day: The Great Hemet Earthquake—a 6.7—Shook about 100 Years Ago
Health Related News
- Hurricane Names Harvey, Maria, Irma & Nate Retired
- VA Study: Ending Long-Term Opioid Use Doesn’t Affect Chronic Pain
- Researchers Find Genetic Cause for Alzheimer’s, Possible Method to Reverse It
- Tax Refunds Used to Pay for Healthcare
- Toxins in E-Cigarettes Vary by Flavor
- Study: Blood Pressure Control May Hold of Dementia
- US Heart Disease Rates Falling, but Gains Vary by State
- One Alcoholic Drink a Day will Shorten Life, Study Finds
- After Hurricane Maria, He’s Helping the Ocean and It’s Fishers Recover
- As Flooding Frequency Increases, More US Cities Opt for Green Infrastructure
- Street Child World Cup Aims to Challenge Stereotypes, Provide Opportunity
- Cubans Await Transition of Power Away From Ruling Revolutionaries
- South India’s ‘Tollywood” Film Industry Addresses Sex Trafficking
- 7 of the Most Important Survival Skills You Should Know
- In Brazil—Support for Anti-Corruption Drive—and the President It Convicted
- Four Tips for College Seniors for Finishing Strong and Beginning Well
The information gathered for this WUAS NewsWatch is from many internet sources and is meant to keep readers informed of news relating to end time prophecy. Inclusions of links or quotations do not signify approval of the content or authors of the information by this organization.
Respond to WUAS News Watch or Send Prayer Requests
WUAS Email Address: email@example.com
WUAS Web Site: www.wake-up.org
Wake Up America Seminars, Inc.
PO Box 273 – Bellbrook, OH 45305
Phone Number: (800) 475-0876
Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Mon through Thurs
8 am to 3 pm, Friday