Wake Up America Seminars * * August 10, 2018
Something to Ponder
Let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good… —1 Peter 4:19
Choosing to suffer means that there must be something wrong with you, but choosing God’s will— even if it means you will suffer— is something very different. No normal, healthy saint ever chooses suffering; he simply chooses God’s will, just as Jesus did, whether it means suffering or not. And no saint should ever dare to interfere with the lesson of suffering being taught in another saint’s life.
The saint who satisfies the heart of Jesus will make other saints strong and mature for God. But the people used to strengthen us are never those who sympathize with us; in fact, we are hindered by those who give us their sympathy, because sympathy only serves to weaken us. No one better understands a saint than the saint who is as close and as intimate with Jesus as possible. If we accept the sympathy of another saint, our spontaneous feeling is, “God is dealing too harshly with me and making my life too difficult.” That is why Jesus said that self-pity was of the devil (see Matthew 16:21-23). We must be merciful to God’s reputation. It is easy for us to tarnish God’s character because He never argues back; He never tries to defend or vindicate Himself. Beware of thinking that Jesus needed sympathy during His life on earth. He refused the sympathy of people because in His great wisdom He knew that no one on earth understood His purpose (see Matthew 16:23). He accepted only the sympathy of His Father and the angels (see Luke 15:10)
Look at God’s incredible waste of His saints, according to the world’s judgment. God seems to plant His saints in the most useless places. And then we say, “God intends for me to be here because I am so useful to Him.” Yet Jesus never measured His life by how or where He was of the greatest use. God places His saints where they will bring the most glory to Him, and we are totally incapable of judging where that may be.
Scripture Thought for the Day
1Pe 4:12-19 Dear friends, don't be surprised by the painful suffering you are going through. Don't feel as if something strange were happening to you. Be joyful that you are taking part in Christ's sufferings. Then you will be filled with joy when Christ returns in glory. Suppose people make fun of you because you believe in Christ. Then you are blessed, because God's Spirit rests on you. He is the Spirit of glory. Suppose you suffer. Then it shouldn't be because you are a murderer or a thief. It shouldn't be because you do evil things. It shouldn't be because you poke your nose into other people's business. But suppose you suffer for being a Christian. Then don't be ashamed. Instead, praise God because you are known by that name. It is time for people to be judged. It will begin with the family of God. And since it begins with us, what will happen to people who don't obey God's good news? Scripture says, "Suppose it is hard for godly people to be saved. Then what will happen to ungodly people and sinners?" (Proverbs 11:31) Some people will suffer because God has planned it that way. They should commit themselves to their faithful Creator. And they should continue to do good.
- Bob: Thank you for all that you do for so many people. I’m praying daily for you all and the Lord Jesus will start the great tribulation so we can all go home.
- Nate: Hope everything is going well. I am praying for Larry and his family.
- Janelle: Larry, thank you is not sufficient in telling you how wonderful all your messages through books, WUR’s, and especially via YouTube! Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit way back in the 70’s & for your diligence.
- Linda: Please pray for safe travel both going to the Philippines and coming back her to the US.
- All the small groups: Please keep all the small groups that are meeting for Bible study, prayer and fellowship. There a groups in various places such as Mary who is leading a group in Florida, Tim & Carol who are leading a group in Washington state, Faith Fellowship church pastored by Letty Kincaid in Texas, and various other groups!
- Wake Up America Seminars on Social Media: For those of you that don’t know. WUAS is on multiple social media platforms! Here are a few of the links for you to save and follow:
- No More Delay book!: Thank you to all who have been patiently anticipating Larry’s latest book No More Delay! The official release date for this book is on September 1st. For those of you on the Wake Up Report mailing list, keep an eye out for the next mailing at the end of August for a special surprise and details on our next book sale!
Religious Related News
- 5 Things the Church Does Today Instead of Preaching the Word
- Christians Under Attack: Pure Genocide in Nigeria
- How Not to Read the Bible
- Lessons from Noah on How to Hear God’s Voice
- Turning Your Terrible Trauma into Vibrant Victory
- Wilberforce and the “Necessary Evil”
- 2 Ways the Devil Loves to Entangle Us
- Applying Eternal Truth to Modern Issues
- Rwanda Restricts Fasting as 8,000 Churches Closed
Science Related News
- Historic Dry Spell in Australia Engulfs All of New South Wales in Drought
- Drought Monitor Map
- NOAA Downgrades Hurricane Season Expectations
- Hurricane Hector May Lash Johnston Island
- Magnitude 6.9 Earthquake Hits Indonesia
- The Eruption of Hawaii’s Volcano is Simmering Down
- Japan on Alert as Typhoon Heads Towards Tokyo
- Thanks to El Nino, A Below Normal 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season is Expected
Health Related News
- Barrier’s to Doctor-Nurse Communications Thwart Care
- Study: Control, Exercise Makes Seniors Feel, Act Younger
- Two Weeks Inactivity Can Trigger Diabetes in At-Risk Seniors, Study
- Exercise May Chase Away the Blues for Some
- Study: Too Much Screen Time Increase Risk of Obesity in Children
- Doctor’s Write Fewer Opioid Prescription after Learning of Overdose Deaths
- Degenerative Eye Conditions Links to Alzheimer’s in Study
- Scans Help Spot Heart Trouble in People with Lupus
- The American Diet is Unsustainable, Study Says
- Plastic Bans and the Shallowness of Environmentalism
- India: Tourists Stranded in Landslides
- Go Deeper, Grab a Book
- 34 Beautiful Photos of Italy
- More than 700 Play Hopscotch to Break Guinness Record
- New Ebola Outbreak in the Republic of Congo
- The 12 Best Travel Apps to Make Your Next Vacation Easier
- Pizza Museum Opens in Chicago, to New York’s Chagrin
- How to Avoid Crowds when You Travel This Summer
The information gathered for this WUAS NewsWatch is from many internet sources and is meant to keep readers informed of news relating to end time prophecy. Inclusions of links or quotations do not signify approval of the content or authors of the information by this organization.
Respond to WUAS News Watch or Send Prayer Requests
WUAS Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WUAS Web Site: www.wake-up.org
Wake Up America Seminars, Inc.
PO Box 273 – Bellbrook, OH 45305
Phone Number: (800) 475-0876
Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Mon through Thurs
8 am to 3 pm, Friday