Wake Up America Seminars * * December 7, 2018
- Something to Ponder
Godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation… —2 Corinthians 7:10
Conviction of sin is best described in the words:
My sins, my sins, my Savior,
How sad on Thee they fall.
Conviction of sin is one of the most uncommon things that ever happens to a person. It is the beginning of an understanding of God. Jesus Christ said that when the Holy Spirit came He would convict people of sin (see John 16:8). And when the Holy Spirit stirs a person’s conscience and brings him into the presence of God, it is not that person’s relationship with others that bothers him but his relationship with God— “Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in your sight…” (Psalm 51:4). The wonders of conviction of sin, forgiveness, and holiness are so interwoven that it is only the forgiven person who is truly holy. He proves he is forgiven by being the opposite of what he was previously, by the grace of God. Repentance always brings a person to the point of saying, “I have sinned.” The surest sign that God is at work in his life is when he says that and means it. Anything less is simply sorrow for having made foolish mistakes— a reflex action caused by self-disgust.
The entrance into the kingdom of God is through the sharp, sudden pains of repentance colliding with man’s respectable “goodness.” Then the Holy Spirit, who produces these struggles, begins the formation of the Son of God in the person’s life (see Galatians 4:19). This new life will reveal itself in conscious repentance followed by unconscious holiness, never the other way around. The foundation of Christianity is repentance. Strictly speaking, a person cannot repent when he chooses— repentance is a gift of God. The old Puritans used to pray for “the gift of tears.” If you ever cease to understand the value of repentance, you allow yourself to remain in sin. Examine yourself to see if you have forgotten how to be truly repentant.
Scripture Thought for the Day
Matthew 5:3-11 "Blessed are those who are spiritually needy. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. Blessed are those who are sad. They will be comforted. Blessed are those who are free of pride. They will be given the earth. Blessed are those who are hungry and thirsty for what is right. They will be filled. Blessed are those who show mercy. They will be shown mercy. Blessed are those whose hearts are pure. They will see God. Blessed are those who make peace. They will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who suffer for doing what is right. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. "Blessed are you when people make fun of you and hurt you because of me. You are also blessed when they tell all kinds of evil lies about you because of me. Be joyful and glad. Your reward in heaven is great. In the same way, people hurt the prophets who lived long ago. "You are the salt of the earth. But suppose the salt loses its saltiness. How can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything. It will be thrown out. People will walk all over it. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill can't be hidden.
- Carol: Dear Brother Larry, thank you for replying. My husband and I have known you and your ministries since our children were very little. They are in their 40’s now. During that time of us raising our children and homeschooling them in the country, we had some neighbors who were Seventh Day Adventist who introduced us to you and gave use a large series of tapes with you on them describing what would soon come. We did accept the Sabbath! Praise the good Lord but we never did become Seventh Day Adventist. We thank you and love you. You and Shirley are like a part of our family. We are praying for your full recovery and we will not quit. We love you. Thank you for your effort that you have made. Those tapes made it all the way to a small rural town in Oregon on a little road to our family who homeschooled all four of their children. Oh how they all know you and love the message you sent through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- June: You are in my prayers. Hold on to the Lord, He will get you through. Thank you for your work for Him. May God bless you & your family.
- Delores: Please pray for Delores who had open heart surgery recently. Due to her health condition she has had many problems with keeping track of her household and bills.
- Stan & Leona: My dear Larry & Shirley,…We want you to know what an impact you have made in our lives and what a blessing you have both been to us. You inspired us to study on our own and to dig for deeper meaning of future events and how they will affect our lives and others.
- Marion: Dear WUAS, I want to thank you for the book No More Delay and the new calendar you sent. Thank you! I am in an assisted living complex & enjoy all of your literature.
- YouTube Comments: The December Wake Up Report! included a letter from Larry to WUAS supporters. A friend of WUAS recorded a reading of the letter on video. Since November 28 when the video was placed on YouTube, it has had over 500 views and received many comments. If you would like to watch the video, you can access it at https://youtu.be/Qf3SMpqWR0k
Religious Related News
- Megachurch Pastor Calls Out Greed-Driven ‘Pulpit Pimps’, Gives Away Offerings
- Who Was Theophilus?
- Can Christians Drink Alcohol? Here’s What 1,000 Protestant Churchgoers Think
- The Bible Tormented Bonhoeffer
- Are you Crazy or Just Crazy Busy?
- From Jim Elliot to John Allen Chau: The Missionary-Martyr Dilemma
- 7 Steps for Overcoming Resentment & Letting Go of Bitterness
- 5 Tips for Surviving Holiday Grief
Science Related News
- Volcano Earthquake Report & Map
- Powerful Coast to Coast Storm to Bring Weather Misery to Millions
- 7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes near New Caledonia in Pacific
- Small Asteroid to Sweep Close this Weekend
- New Automated Volcano Warning System Forecasts Imminent Eruptions
- The Top Space Stories of 2018: Mars, New Moons & a Mystery Asteroid
- Immobilizing Storm to Bury Southern Appalachians in Snow
- Mesmerizing Video Shows What Would Happen if an Asteroid Crashed into the Earth’s Oceans
Health Related News
- Cost of Insulin Causing 1 in 4 Diabetics to Cut Back on Use
- Pediatricians: Old Fashioned Play Better for Kids than Digital Toys
- Green Neighborhoods Could Lead to Fewer Cases of Heart Disease
- Study: 1 in 10 Will Develop Eczema in Their Lifetime
- Few Americans Have Optimal ‘Metabolic Health’
- Most People Lie to their Doctors, Study Says
- Tooth Loss in Older Women Likely to Cause High Blood Pressure
- Demand for Doctors in US Jumped by 7 Percent in 2017
- How the 1964 Good Friday Earthquake Helped Anchorage Withstand Last Friday’s Quake
- France Halts Fuel Price Hike in Bid to Subdue Violent Protests
- Drone Captures Stunning Footage of Erupting Volcano in Peru
- Experts Weigh In: Do You Need to Warm Up Your Car in Cold Weather
- Volkswagon Plans to Phase Out Gas & Diesel Engines by 2026
- Arctic Blast to Bring Coldest Air Since February to Beijing, Shanghai & Seoul
- Cuba to Get Mobile 3G Internet Access (this is huge!)
- 7.0 Earthquake Caught on Camera by Anchorage Teacher
The information gathered for this WUAS NewsWatch is from many internet sources and is meant to keep readers informed of news relating to end time prophecy. Inclusions of links or quotations do not signify approval of the content or authors of the information by this organization.
Respond to WUAS News Watch or Send Prayer Requests
WUAS Email Address: email@example.com
WUAS Web Site: www.wake-up.org
Wake Up America Seminars, Inc.
PO Box 273 – Bellbrook, OH 45305
Phone Number: (800) 475-0876
Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Mon through Thurs
8 am to 3 pm, Friday