This is our final issue for the year 2000 and since we have added many new subscribers to our newsletter mailing list, we thought it was a good time to share information with our readers about Wake Up America Seminars and to say "Thank You" for your support.
What Are We?
Wake Up America Seminars (WUAS) is both a non-profit and a non-prophet organization. With Gods blessings and the generosity of many people, WUAS has distributed millions of pamphlets, books and tapes around the world during the past 13 years. WUAS is not a church and is not affiliated, endorsed or sponsored by any religious organization.
WUAS does not have members nor offers any kind of membership. Our mission is not to convert the world to our point of view. Although WUAS has a well defined view on certain Biblical matters, our mission is primarily "seed sowing." We believe in the primacy of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and in His imminent return.
We are doing our best to encourage people with the good news of the gospel and this hope. People are surprised to learn that WUAS is not an outreach program affiliated with a church trying to hide its identity. On the contrary, Larry Wilson, the founder, does not belong to a church and he teaches that salvation is not a matter of denominational affiliation.
Since WUAS offers no provision for membership or church structure, people who read and consider the concepts we offer are encouraged to share the message only if they consider it to have any value. We have no plans to form a church there are more than enough religions and denominations in the world today. Our goal is to educate, stimulate and inspire our readers with a more complete understanding of God and His Word and for this we ask nothing in return. WUAS is unique we do not ask for donations.
The Beginning of WUAS
Larry began conducting seminars for the public in 1986. The seminars were the result of 15 years of personal Bible study and investigation. At the time he began to conduct seminars, he was employed by a large hospital in the Dayton, Ohio area.
As opportunities for seminars grew, he eventually resigned his "day time" job and devoted himself full time to the promotion of this end-time Bible message, which was unlike anything he had ever heard. Larry smiles when he says that he has not had any dreams, visions or encounters with apparitions. On the contrary, he affirms that his prophetic conclusions are based on the Bible and the Bible alone. When it comes to matters of faith in God, he accepts no authority other than the Bible.
When asked what prompted him to leave the security of a full time position, Larry says the Lord stirred him to begin sharing his understanding of Bible prophecy in 1986. For a couple years, he intensely questioned if the stirring within was a calling from the Lord or a product of his imagination. Finally, Larry prayerfully offered himself to the Lords service with an agreement that is still binding between them today.
The agreement is this: "Lord, if you are really calling me to this task, then I will resign my job. I will serve as You direct, but with the understanding that You will provide the necessary funds to make this possible. To ensure that you have called me to this work, I will not solicit or appeal for donations, offerings or contributions.
The cattle on a thousand hills belong to you, Lord. So, as long as you make it possible for WUAS to meet expenses, I will do my best to promote and share the wonderful things You have allowed me to discover in your Word." Twelve years later WUAS is still promoting the gospel and the soon return of Jesus. The bills at WUAS are paid on time and the lights at WUAS still burn brightly.
Printing presses and tape duplicators are producing more material every week! "God honors faith," Larry often says. Shirley, his wife of thirty years, firmly agrees, "We continue to see the sustaining power of God in this ministry." To meet living expenses during the first years of WUAS existence, Shirley worked full time while Larry wrote the book, The Revelation of Jesus.
What Do We Teach?
The teaching of WUAS is based on five essential Bible doctrines. Our understanding of Bible prophecy is based on four rules of interpretation (hermeneutics) which are derived from the book of Daniel. Our conclusions about apocalyptic prophecy and the means for reaching these conclusions are quite different from those offered by traditional church organizations.
Some churches claim they have a central role in the fulfillment of end-time prophecies, but WUAS does not believe it has such a role.
WUAS was incorporated in 1988 because Larry believes, by Gods grace, that he has discovered four keys which resolve the prophetic mysteries of Daniel and Revelation. Because of this discovery, WUAS is dedicated to sharing a unique prophetic message that explains Gods forthcoming actions to save man and to bring an end to sin.
The Five S's
We believe there are five essential Bible doctrines and we help people remember them by starting each one with the letter "S":
1. Salvation: The assurance of salvation is granted to anyone who surrenders his or her life to the Lord Jesus Christ. A life of faith in Christ begins with an attitude of being willing to go, to be and to do all that Jesus asks.
2. Second Coming: Jesus will return to Earth in clouds of glory and will bestow eternal life upon the faithful. At that time He will also destroy those people who have rebelled against His authority.
3. State of Man in Death: When a person dies, he or she ceases to exist. There is no intelligence during death. Every dead person awaits one of two resurrections. The resurrection of the righteous occurs at the Second Coming. The resurrection of the wicked occurs at the end of the 1,000 years.
4. Sanctuary: The earthly tabernacle that Moses built is a shadow of salvations process which is carried out in Heavens temple. As such, the Old Testament sanctuary services on Earth offer a comprehensive teaching model of the Plan of Salvation. A correct understanding of the earthly model eliminates many false ideas about the terms and conditions of salvation.
5. Sabbath: We believe that God established Saturday, the seventh day of the week, as His holy day at Creation. Contrary to most traditional Christian teaching, we believe the Ten Commandments were not made void at the Cross. The fourth commandment is just as binding upon the human race today as the other nine commandments.
Elements of Our Prophetic Message
1. – Everyone living on Earth will experience the Great Tribulation. There is no pre-trib or mid-trib rapture.
2. – The Great Tribulation is not a series of terrible man-made events. Instead, God will inflict the Great Tribulation consisting of 14 terrible judgments. These judgments are explained in Revelation using sanctuary language that originates from services in the earthly tabernacle built by Moses.
3. – Four earthquakes, occurring during a maximum period of 1,335 days, will violently rupture the whole Earth and cause global crisis.
4. – A meteoric firestorm of burning hail will burn up one-third of Earths trees.
5. – Two asteroid impacts, one hitting a sea and the other hitting a continent, will destroy hundreds of millions of people, especially those people who live in coastal areas.
6. – Many volcano eruptions will darken the sky and cause violent weather patterns for months. There will be no rain for 1,260 days resulting in a great famine and plagues throughout the world.
7. – About two years into the Great Tribulation, the Antichrist will appear. The Antichrist is Lucifer, that great angel who was cast out of Heaven with his followers because of rebellion. The devil will be allowed to "come out" of the spirit world at an appointed time and will physically appear before the survivors of the world and gloriously masquerade as God.
8. – Due to Gods judgments, the worlds infrastructures as we know them today will be destroyed. Commerce, communication, manufacturing, travel, and shipping will be almost eliminated. In short, the judgments that comprise the Great Tribulation inflict a fatal blow to planet Earth. Jesus will arrive in clouds of glory with salvation at the very last hour.
Bible Predicts Mans Responses to Gods Judgments
1. – A worldwide "crisis" will occur in every nation as a result of the devastating judgments of God. As a result, a crisis "one-world" government will form within 60 days. A surprising coalition of religious leaders will unanimously agree on the principle solution to appease Gods wrath. With one voice, they will appeal to their respective law makers for the immediate implementation of "sin-less" laws so that Gods anger will subside, but these laws only escalate the misery index.
2. – The swift enactment of laws mandating righteous behavior will produce a powerful backlash in every nation. The majority religion of each nation will attempt to impose its view of Gods will on minority religions. Religious conflict will be worldwide.
3. – Each government will impose martial law for purposes of control when Gods judgments begin. Penalties for civil disobedience will be as extreme as the situation. Many human rights will be suspended and religious persecution will commence because of conflicting views on the will of God.
4. – A well defined controversy will grow out of this bedlam. In every part of the world, the question of Gods authority, Gods will, Gods wrath and appeasing God will be central. The issue of worship is central to each of these topics.
The primary question that will rise is this: "How should man worship God so that God is pleased?" During this crisis, God will empower 144,000 spokespersons to speak for Him. They will emphasize mans obligation to obey the Ten Commandments, which includes worshiping God on His holy day, the seventh day of the week. Faith and love are demonstrated by obedience. The message presented by Gods 144,000 servants will be confirmed by miracles and signs from God.
Their call will produce a great controversy that ultimately forces everyone into a decision.
5. – About two years into the Great Tribulation, most people will have made their decision about worshiping God. At that time, the Antichrist will be released from the spirit world. He will establish complete world dominion and in the process, kill a third of mankind.
He will set himself up as God and require the worship of all mankind. He will insist that his followers wear an identifying tattoo. The mark of the beast (the beast is the devil) will be a literal tattoo. For ordinary people, "666," will be tattooed on the right hand.
Those who serve in the administration of the devil will receive a tattoo on their foreheads bearing the name which the Antichrist will use. This tattoo on the forehead is a counterfeit of what God plans to do for the 144,000 after He takes them to Heaven.
6. – Everyone on Earth will either receive the devils tattoo or the seal of God. When every person has made their decision, the seven bowls of Gods fiery wrath will be poured out upon all who received the mark of the beast.
This deadly vengeance is Gods response to the behavior of the wicked against Him and His people. During the seventh bowl, Jesus appears in clouds of glory and He resurrects the righteous dead and gathers the living saints to Himself as the wicked watch. Then, He destroys the living wicked with a command.
In some ways, Bible prophecy is like a road map. The road map is not vitally important until the day comes when a trip to a new and unfamiliar destination is required. Suddenly, the road map becomes very important. Similarly, an understanding of Bible prophecy may seem unimportant at this time, but this will not be the case forever.
According to Scripture, the time of Gods wrath is near. The world is about to enter a crisis that has no parallel in history. God is about to do certain things that He has not done to Earth before and when His judgments begin, the road map of Bible prophecy will suddenly become important.
Bible prophecy not only reveals what God is going to do, it reveals something even more important! Prophecy reveals "why." Few people appreciate the consistent behavior of God that is carefully demonstrated throughout the Bible. False theology has created a sense of peace, safety and divine tranquility that is totally misleading. Even in this age of enlightenment, God is largely misunderstood. When His judgments begin, ten thousand questions will suddenly rise.
The 144,000 will have a very difficult time convincing misled people that "God is love" when the evidence of Gods great wrath is seen throughout a devastated Earth. This is why an understanding of Bible prophecy is important now.
God is love, but Gods patience with rebellion has a limit. Blessed is the person who loves and has complete faith in God after Jesus begins what He needs to do to separate the sheep from the goats.
Did you find this article helpful?
If you'd like to help out, just click one of the article share buttons above, or for only a few dollars you can really make a difference in someone's life. Browse our bookstore and find the Bible study materials you know will help someone else, then put those resources in the right hands.
You know who they are ...
Back to Top
Larry Wilson, founder of WUAS, became a “born again” Christian in 1972. His interest in the gospel has led him on a 40+ year quest to learn more about what God has revealed to Earth’s final generation. The results of his research have been shared all over the world in books, television & radio broadcasts, media interviews, and seminars that are publicly available on all different types of media (see our Christian Bookstore).
What is Wake Up America Seminars (WUAS)?
Wake Up America Seminars, Inc. is a nonprofit, nondenominational organization with a focus on the study of End-Time Prophecy. WUAS is not a church, nor does it endorse any denomination. Our focus is singular: We are dedicated to proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and His imminent return. We are delighted that people of all faiths are diligently using the Bible study materials produced by WUAS. All study materials are based solely on the Bible alone.